Friday, February 3, 2012

STILLNESS


Stillness

My dear friend,
We ‘ve been conversing,
For years on end,
In search of that stillness,
Without any end.

There have been moments,
With stillness all around,
Without any movement,
In the air or the ground.

And there was stillness,
When I sat and gazed,
Far across the mountains,
Totally amazed.

There it was once again,
All along the sea shore,
As I walked in the rain,
The droplets and the waves froze,
And the sea was still, and so was I.

And as the setting sun goes down,
And the darkness around has grown,
The bird on the tree has stopped its song
A muted stillness comes along

Sometimes in the midst of all this crowd,
I find myself alone and still,
And once again as they start to move,
I also move against my will

And as I see through her eyes,
Feel the tenderness there within’
My heart for a moment cries,
Can’t time now stand still.

But these moments don’t last me long,
I am back again, where I belong,
To my own kith and kin,
In the midst of all this din.

When will these moments ever last?
Is it when I find,
the silence in my heart,
and in the stillness of my mind?


gssubbu

No comments:

THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING It all started last night when I was watching the Tv. I do not pay much attention to the ads, but this one caugh...