Monday, October 26, 2009

METAPHYSICAL MONOLOGUES

Tonight,
I discovered God,
In the coolness of the winter’s night,
In the brightness of the full moonlight,
In the gentle rustle of ghostly shadows.
And I found God,
In this silence that encircled me.

***********

Milestones,
When you pass,
They melt away, in the distance;
In succession,
Pinnacles of thought,
Recede,
Into obscure corners
Of a putrefying heart.
Sustenance is our problem,
Be it of a moment or a thought.
Prolongation
Is what we strive for,
And failure has been our lot.

*************

I shiver,
As I stand but a speck
In this wide open space,
For darkness in the distant horizon,
Is creeping in,
Slowly, stealthily and surely,
Threatening to digest me
In its folds.

No! I cannot allow this.
What would I be,
If in darkness I dissolve?
But where is the light,
That illumines and warms
And sets the darkness to flight?

***************

1 comment:

Svaathi said...

I am glad you started writing again

THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING It all started last night when I was watching the Tv. I do not pay much attention to the ads, but this one caugh...