Monday, October 19, 2009

I spoke of Andre' Gide in my previous posting on the blog. Andre has had profound influence on me in my earlier years.

" I will teach you fervour", said Andre'.

"Thanks Andre'. I know fervour thats why I love you. I love you for your "Fruits of the earth".

" You have read me then. Now throw the book away and go out. Go out from wherever you may be, from your town, from your family, from your room, from your thoughts. I should have led you , and soon - as soon as we were far from any town - I should have let go the hand I held and told you to forget me".

"Andre tell me about your fervour".

"Sometimes I speak of lands I have never visited, of perfumes I have never breathed, of actions I have never committed or of you. It is not hypocrisy on my part, and these things are no more false than the name I call you by not knowing what yours will be , yours , who have read me.

I have found in self denial the most perfect self realization, the highest exaction and the the most boundless permission of happiness".

"Life is precious Andre', it is precious to one who has been on the point of losing it. You know that better than anybody else. To me Andre' the fear of losing it before I have expressed on this earth all that was in me waiting to be expressed, was what drove me to fervour. I have actually lived through that moment of dying. At that moment I was reborn."

No comments:

THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING It all started last night when I was watching the Tv. I do not pay much attention to the ads, but this one caugh...