Monday, October 5, 2009

Anonymity

There is solace in this anonymity,

in the gentle hiss

of the summer breeze,

the rustling of leaves,

and the walk

through a dimly lit avenue.


As the darkness beyond beckons,

the spurts of sound

from speeding lights

on the distant highway,

move in and out

of my memory lanes.


And ones moves through this darkness,

through this silence,

oblivious of an earthly existence.


Nothing stops the soul,

its flight to freedom.


But the approaching lights

of an automobile,

makes me move to the side.

1 comment:

Heather West said...

I hate anonymity.

If I loved it,
I could have been a robot,
But I am not.

I could have been a zombie,
Which I could still be.

I could have been a vegetable,
I could have been dust,

I like
An address,
A place to call my own,
A bench in the park,
A bed to put my head on,
A hand to feed me, when I am down.

THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING It all started last night when I was watching the Tv. I do not pay much attention to the ads, but this one caugh...